The purpose of this policy is to provide you with information and explanation about how and why some of your data may be collected and processed by JoyWire when you play one of our games.
Why does JoyWire collect data from its games?
When you install and play JoyWire games, we can collect and process some of your data for different legitimate purposes.
You will find below explanations regarding the reasons why JoyWire may collect data and the legal bases JoyWire relies on in each case.
JoyWire collects data:
- To provide you with the services you asked for(e.g., knowing that you completed the first level to allow access to the second one)
- Legal basis – such data processing is strictly necessary for the service(s) asked
- To run analytics and understand how users interact with our product and services in order to continuously improve it either directly or through third party partners(e.g. identifying that a feature is annoying for users or that a level is too difficult for most gamers)
- Legal basis for third party analytics – Express consent. In the countries where collecting users’ consent may be required by applicable laws and regulations, JoyWire only shares personal data collected through JoyWire games with third party partners that provide JoyWire with analytics services once you express your consent through the pop-up notice included in our apps.
- Legal basis for first party analytics – Legitimate interest. JoyWire collects user data for the purpose of its own internal analytics tools. Data is used for the sole purpose of analytics tool and is not shared with any third parties. This data processing is based on the legitimate interest of JoyWire.
- To serve advertising tailored to the preference and interests of our users and allow JoyWire to continue to provide free services and products
- Legal basis – Express consent. In the countries where collecting users’ consent may be required by applicable laws and regulations, JoyWire only processes or shares personal data collected through JoyWire apps for personalized advertising purposes once you express your consent through the pop-up notice included in one of our apps.
For all data processing activities that rely on users’ consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Please only note that in the case where you withdraw your consent or where you refuse to consent in the first place, you will still be served with advertising but that may be less relevant to you as it will not be tailored to your interests.
What data does JoyWire collect from its apps and games?
For all the purposes listed above the data that JoyWire collect is limited to:
- The apps you are using
- Your IP address
- Your Mobile Advertising ID (Apple IDFA or Google AAID – which are technical identifiers developed by mobile operating systems for advertising purposes which remain under your control and can be reset or erased at any time in through your device settings)
- Technical information about the device you use and your connection (user agent, type of connection, timestamp)
- Data pertaining to your activities on our applications and notably the way in which you interact with our applications (for instance, how and when you use our applications) and with the advertising served in our applications (for instance, number of ads served, potential clicks)
With who may your data be shared & why?
JoyWire does not share your personal data with third parties without your prior consent in the countries where collecting users’ consent may be required by applicable laws and regulations.
When you consent to the collection of data for advertising and analytics purpose, we may share the data listed above with the following categories of recipients:
- Ad Partners: that allow us to monetize the ad inventory of our apps and provide users with free products and services.
Those partners usually collect data via their own tools (Software Development Kits or “SDK”). You will find a list of our partners implementing advertising SDKs through our applications and the privacy policies of their services that describe their practices and allow you to exercise your rights directly toward them hereafter:
- AdColony –https://www.adcolony.com/privacy-policy/
- AppLovin –https://www.applovin.com/privacy/
- Chartboost –https://answers.chartboost.com/en-us/articles/200780269
- Facebook –https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
- Fyber –https://www.fyber.com/privacy-policy/
- Google AdMob –https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- InMobi –https://www.inmobi.com/privacy-policy/
- IronSource –https://developers.ironsrc.com/ironsour ce-mobile/air/ironsource-mobile-privacy-policy/
- Mintegral –https://www.mintegral.com/en/privacy/
- Mopub –https://www.mopub.com/en/legal/privacy
- Ogury –https://ogury.com/privacy-policy/
- Pangle –https://www.pangleglobal.com/privacy
- Snap –https://snap.com/en-US/privacy/privacy-center
- Tapjoy –https://www.tapjoy.com/legal/tapjoy-users/#privacy-policy
- Unity Ads –https://unity3d.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Verizon Media –https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/xw/ en/verizonmedia/privacy/intl/index.html
- Vungle –https://vungle.com/privacy/
- Analytic companies: that provide us with tools and technologies that allow us to better understand how users interact with our services and will help us improve it. Those partners also usually collect data via their own SDKs. You will find a list of our partners implementing analytical SDKs through our applications hereafter:
- Adjust –https://www.adjust.com/terms/privacy-policy/
- GameAnalytics –https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Google Analytics –https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Mixpanel –https://mixpanel.com/legal/privacy-policy/
- Singular –https://www.singular.net/privacy-policy/
- Tenjin –https://www.tenjin.io/privacy/
- Authorities: only to the extent we are obliged to by applicable laws and regulations.
Security and other important information
How long does JoyWire keep your data?
Personal data collected, received and processed for the purposes described in this policy is not kept longer than necessary by JoyWire.
JoyWire never knowingly or willingly collect any personal data concerning children under 16 years of age.
Some of the partners and processors referred to in this policy are located outside of the European Union.
In such case, we ensure that:
- the personal data is transferred to countries recognized as offering an equivalent level of protection or,
- For personal data transferred outside of countries recognized by the European Commission as having a sufficient level of protection, any of the mechanisms offering appropriate guarantees is used, for which provision is made by applicable regulations, and notably the adoption of the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission.